No messing around here. No cryptic build up or unnecessary waffle ambling towards the punch line (OK, maybe a little, but you can’t deny me a few literary habits in my time of accomplishment!).
For those of you wondering, my excitement derives from
achieving my target of completing a yoga session every other day in February!
That’s right I managed to achieve 14 sessions of yoga at home by the 27th
February, giving me an additional day to spare!
But it doesn’t end there!...Oh no…Yoga has now become part
of my mind-set and will form a huge part of my weekly routine going forward. At
the time of writing this we are in to the fifth day in the month of March and
I have undertaken yoga on three of those days, keeping the average well on track!
After all that talk of habit forming, I didn’t have to do it
every day or for the same length of time for it to become a regular activity.
Truth is, the big secret behind this achievement… I enjoyed
it! As simple as that!
I am still practically a novice and would probably make
seasoned gym goers cringe or even cry at my attempts of certain positions but
everyone starts somewhere.
I found myself making time for it and keeping track and
being incredibly annoyed with myself if I missed it or put myself behind the
schedule.
There were even work obstacles: long hours, working away etc
to get in the way and provide the usual barrage of excuses that would place a
massive road block in the way of my ambition for health and fitness.
But alas I made it through!
And for those of you reading this wondering why I am making
such a big deal about such a simple sounding task?...then welcome to my blog! You’ve
obviously never ventured to these parts before and read my previous dalliances
with attempting to gain fitness, improve health, or stick to something!
But for those of you regular readers you’ll know that by
achieving this, then that is RandomTask #5 well and truly ticked off!
So much so, that I may even treat myself to that Yoga Mat
now!
Even though Yoga already feels like a part of my life, I am
going to follow my initial idea and recreate it as a brand new #RandomTask for
March. As much as I am enjoying the activity, February was definitely helped by
having the simplicity of achieving the task looming in the background.
So…
#6 Keep up the good work and undertake Yoga on a minimum of
15 days throughout March.
As there are 31 days in this month compared to only 28 days
in February, I don’t want to predict that I will better my average and instead
just want to ensure that the emphasis is there to maintain my emphusiasm! So as
15 is one better than 14 it can be classed as a slight improvement… and as I am
already 3 down, I feel pretty confident!
Alas I cannot profess that it is all good news…
For I have spectacularly failed on my second attempt to
finish one of the books that lay half read around the house. That’s right, the
previous RandomTasks #2 and #3 where I decided to get back in to reading and
finish one of the many books that I started but for whatever reason never quite
made it to the final pages of.
The first book chosen was Danny Wallace’s “Charlotte
Street”…a nice easy read that should have given me the impetus to carry on and
re-find the joy that reading can bring.
Instead I failed to finish the book by the end of January,
so re-tasked myself to complete it by the end of February…which, as you can now
guess, I haven’t!
In fact, I am but a mere 3 pages on from the time I re-set
myself this task as reading has been put way back on my list that has seen yoga
move in the opposite direction!
It’s not that yoga and reading can’t live together in
perfect harmony…it’s simply that if one had to give then it was reading every
time!
Now you don’t have to be a regular reader to sense that
another, and very predictable, RandomTask is about to rear its head…and of
course you would be spot on…
#7 Get a move on and actually attempt to look like I’m going to finally, finally, finally finish reading Danny Wallace’s “Charlotte Street”.
There it is…but as you can see, with a slight twist! For
this time I haven’t limited myself to a monthly timeframe. Instead I am going
to leave it as a surprise (for you and probably for me) for when I will return
to this blog with the joyous news that I have fulfilled the book’s destiny and
read it from cover to cover...probably best you go and put the kettle on or
something, this could take some time!
So a mixed bag for February if you look at the #RandomTasks
but I am feeling like February was a big step in the right direction! If Yoga
can have the benefits mentally and physically that I am hoping for, then it
will encourage so many other aspects of my life and fingers crossed finding
time to read more will be one of them!
And I’ll finish on a really positive note (for me anyway)…at
the time of writing this my blog has achieved (because I do see it as an
achievement) 1,999 views…so all being well, if even 1 of you lovely readers are
out there then I will reach the next milestone of 2,000 on this blog adventure!
It will have taken a long time to achieve in reality but
with the distinct lack of blog posts for the majority of 2013, I am proud of
this achievement and looking forward to reaching the 3,000 mark sooner rather
than later…and hopefully by putting words in an enjoyable order on the screen for
you along the way!
p.s. New #RandomTasks are coming soon. I won’t just keep
recycling the same ones and hopefully I will have a few anecdotal tales for you
soon as well.
#RandomTasks Set = 7 Completed = 3 Pending = 2 Failed = 2
No comments:
Post a Comment