Hello again!
You're probably wondering why I appear to have been incredibly lazy and re-used my blog title from my previous post.
Well, like all mainstream rap songs of the last 10 years I figured "Why Blog?" needs a part 2, so consider this the full RnB version of that song you really like but find yourself humming along to until the catchy chorus kicks in (sing it if you know it..."Just gonna stand there and watch me burn" or "I wanna sing, I wanna shout...").
I have been thinking for a long time now of putting my thoughts out there on a blog and decided to finally just go for it. Sometimes the real world takes over our time for so long that the passions and hobbies that we crave never seem to materialise, well at least that's the case for me.
I have a constant desire to do something with my life that I enjoy and writing is something that I enjoy so I guess I'm hoping this blog allows me to pursue that.
OK, so I guess it's only fair to let you know what you can expect from this blog over the coming days, weeks and months and either give you a reason to come back from time to time or unwittingly put you off already! Either way, I'm very grateful for you sticking with me so far and hopefully you won't find anything to put you off each time to find yourself venturing this way.
As an aspiring writer I have tried to find time to write a book, one that I feel is relevant and enjoyable for the reader and I'm hoping that I'm heading in that general direction but I've decided it's finally time to get some critique so this Friday night I will be releasing the first few pages on this very blog! It gives you (the faithful reading public) the chance to get a feel for the type of book I'm working on and feel free to comment so I can get a view on whether or not the theme and direction is what you want? So keep your peepers out for that!
I will also be putting out my opinion on a whole host of topical issues, thoughts on music, books and movies as well as using this as a place to put out there the random occurrences that happen in life!
If you're still with me then thank you and I can make you 2 promises. The first is that I will try to make this a place you enjoy visiting and look forward to reading...and the second is that my next and all future blogs will be titled with far more enticing things than "Why Blog" :)
No comments:
Post a Comment