Sunday, 25 January 2015

A positive cycle of unfamiliar territory

For those of you avid weekly readers amongst you, you'll know that with the publishing of this blog post I have achieved my first #RandomTask of 2015!

#2015-1 Between now and 31st January 2015 I am going to publish a minimum of one new blog post per week (Monday to Sunday).

With this firmly in the bag it's safe to say, it is a very elated time here at JustDrewOnIt HQ!

It's a very strange feeling for me going from semi-irregular blogger, who could go months without posting just to hang on to any semblance of being allowed to call myself a blogger, to being a semi-productive weekly blogger who feels a pang of guilt building as the hours tick down to midnight each Sunday.
But when I press 'publish' each week, the sense of achievement felt appears to grow knowing that I haven't failed. The possibilities appear endless. My place in the world feels that little bit more cemented and who everything just seems right with the world.

The only thing I can liken it to is the rush of endorphins felt after exercise...leading you towards a positive cycle of wanting more exercise and thus getting fitter, healthier and ultimately happier!

Add to that, the exciting JustDrewOnIt related activities I eluded to in my blog post last week, a recovery from the drain felt after my first workout in months and a step about to be taken in getting answers to all matters health related and I find myself in a positive cycle of unfamiliar territory.

And long may this productive elation continue! So with this in mind, my next and very unimaginative #RandomTask is:

#2015-3 Between now and 28th February 2015 I am going to publish a minimum of one new blog post per week (Monday to Sunday).

Simple, you might think?! Well being in the weekly swing of things I would agree...but with a 6 day work trip to Lyon on the horizon from next Sunday and a lot of prep work to do before I can even think about getting on that plane...who knows whether that first hurdle will prove too great an obstacle...or whether I can use this momentum to power through this supposed obstacle and achieve my second #RandomTask in no time!

Who knows...you might even get more than a simple blog post next weekend?! Ooops, did I say too much?!

Unfortunately, not everything in the world of #RandomTasks has been quite so rosey this week...as my ongoing battle with all things "Charlotte Street" will attest to...and for that matter did Gone Girl and the every increasing "to-read" pile!

For anyone knew to this blog, here's a reminder of my updated #RandomTask:

#7.5 Read one chapter of Danny Wallace's "Charlotte Street" each week until the book is completed.

With the usual excuses of working too much, life getting in the way and not enough hours in the day all lined up ready as to why I didn't get time to read one chapter of one book, classing this as a failed attempt but truth is I can't feel negative about this.

For rather than dwelling I am taking this as a bump in the road...one that can be easily fixed...

How?! By reading 2 chapters this week obviously! Even with the impending work trip on the horizon!

If I fail to do that then maybe I will mark this down as a failed #RandomTask but with all the excitement of things I have achieved this week in preparation for the next step in the story of "JustDrewOnIt", well you could say being negative is something I don't have time for!

And worst comes to worst, I'll take it with me to Lyon and read 3 chapters!

So just the short post this week...Until next time, watch this space for a very exciting announcement!


Current #RandomTask count for 2015 stands at:

#RandomTasks Set = 4 Completed = 1 Pending = 3 Failed = 0

No comments:

Post a Comment