Saturday, 31 January 2015

A tale of guilt, patience and positivity...or something profound like that!

Looking out of my taxi window, en route to Birmingham Airport, I'm distracted.
My thought process should be simple... sit back, relax and enjoy being driven to my destination.

Maybe it's the addition of snow this morning, fluttering in extra caution over my trip ahead?!

Maybe it's that I only managed about 4-5 hours sleep last night before my 5am alarm call (which I didn't need as I was awake from 4:20!)...which is standard practice for some reason before any trip away or requirement to be up early...Murphy's Law hard at work!

Now I'm sure most of you are thinking "lucky you jetting off somewhere nice at the start of Feb...wish I could do the same and be getting away from this cold weather!"
But unfortunately this is not a personal trip...nor is it an exotic destination for this time of year.

I am travelling with work to Lyon, France...a place close enough to home that they are also expecting snow and cold temperatures throughout my visit, for 6 days filled with all the joys that only trade shows can bring!

As you can tell by my tone... I am très excited by the days that lie ahead!
Oh and "très" is about as much French as you can expect to get out of me...unless you want me to ask where the bank or swimming pool are?!...No?! Ok, I'll save those little nuggets for later!

Now I am also sure that by saying I'm "travelling with work" at least half of you will be thinking "lucky you, how glamorous!"

However, anyone who ever has to travel for work, seeing the world from a taxi, then the delights of the airport, another taxi to the destination (usually industrial) before yet another taxi ride to the hotel before waking up and doing it all again in reverse, will attest to it being far from glamorous...at least anyone of my lowly level anyway!

But none of that is the reason for my distraction.

Truth is I'm distracted by guilt!

For you see, in my last couple of blog posts I have been eluding to something very exciting coming the way of JustDrewOnIt and promised all would be revealed very soon.
I also promised that I wouldn't use work getting in the way as an excuse for not completing the things in life that I want to!
Add to that my commitment to you that I would read 2 chapters of Danny Wallace's "Charlotte Street"... And maybe this last one gives you a clue as the outcome of my previous 2 statements as well!

As unfortunately, in preparation for being away with work this week...I have had to work even harder last week to get a head start and feel on top of things...somewhat!
Therefore, work was the reason behind me having less time to complete and share with you the finished article I have been working on.
But it is still coming! I just want to be in the country when I announce it!

So I am making a promise to you that intend to keep...

On Friday 13th February I shall announce the launch of my exciting JustDrewOnIt project with you all!

There it is...an actual date to commit to! Quite a memorable date I think you'll agree and an announcement filled with so much positivity that hopefully the usual "Friday the 13th" stigma becomes but a mere after thought!

The countdown is on!

And back to all things excuses...work was the reason I had less time to read anything at all this week... Although I have added 2 more e-books to my "to-read" pile...oops!

But fear not...as the beauty of travelling means I may get some time to read...and with that in mind, safely tucked in my hand luggage is my ever patient copy of Danny Wallace's "Charlotte Street", just waiting for me to read 3 chapters!

To that end, within the space of a taxi journey, the snow has cleared and my guilt edged distraction has wained knowing that I have a positive set of goals ahead of me!

Whatever you're doing this Sunday, don't let distractions get in your way!
The beauty of having positive goals and things to look forward to is that even if they get delayed along the way, it just gives you longer to...well, to look forward to them!

So wish me luck for my week ahead and until next time my friends...

Où est la banque?

No comments:

Post a Comment