Sunday, 18 January 2015

A taste of things to come...

As the weeks of January tick by, it's easy to lost sight of all the goals you may have set for yourself this year.

We're all firmly back in the swing of working life and the Christmas break is firmly a distant (but very enjoyable) memory.

The working week can easily bring us crashing back down to Earth and straight back in to the same old routines, with a sense of impending doom for all the big plans you promised yourself you would stick to this year.

As regular readers will know, the ups and downs of my health were remarkably helped by having an extended break from work over the Christmas period.
This led to me feeling like I could get back on the exercise bandwagon and slowly but surely I found myself making time to complete small workouts despite the best attempts from work to get straight back in the way!

I was on the up! Surely (as Yazz once said) the only way is up! Or so I thought...
Which is why I decided last weekend to get a good friend of mine in to help me out.
Now any of you that have been with me since at least the start of 2014 will be familiar with this friend...for he has not only been mentioned on here but back in February 2014 he joined me for an interview (which you can still read here).

Anyway, as he's a qualified Personal Trainer and Fireman, I thought 'Who better to help me out?!'...
And so, like the great friend he is, he happily obliged!

So last Saturday I found myself partaking in what I can only describe as an "attempt".
An attempt at light circuit training...trying my best to keep up with every command made of me by my gracious host!
20 minutes in and I was a wreck! A shadow of my former self... an unfit mess with his head between his legs trying to catch his breathe.

But in between lost breaths I powered on and after 45 minutes or so we finally called it time.
And for the rest of the day I continued to do all that was asked of me...
I took in natural sugars. I consumed the required amounts of protein and greens. I remained as active as my legs would allow and I got a decent amount of sleep.

So when I woke up Sunday and felt fine I thought this was the start of something beautiful!
A new me. A healthy me. A happy me!

Even waking up on Monday and hardly being able to put one foot in front of the other for all the aches and pains I was feeling, I still told myself this was normal...but still feeling abnormally drained by Wednesday and then Thursday I realised I wasn't quite on the upward trajectory that I thought!

But surrounding yourself with positivity can have a...well a positive effect on how quickly you turn your thoughts around.
As it might be easy to lose sight of goals and everything you've achieved so far...but that doesn't mean that you have to!

And despite this week of feeling physically drained and mentally deflated, I have decided to rise out from it like a phoenix from the flames and latch on to a very exciting challenge...

A challenge to make me leap out of my comfort zone.
A leap that I have wanted to take for some time but have always been too scared to take that step.

An exciting leap of a challenge that I can't wait to share with you all...

But I have to...for now!

I will however give you loyal readers a sneak peek and see if it triggers your imagination for what could possibly lay ahead in our future...


(Sneaky peek)

Can you tell what it is yet?!

For anyone that can, please feel free to comment below and I'll let you know whether you can give yourself a pat on the back.

Therefore, I'm afraid it's a short(ish) post from me this week...but only so I can crack on with all things "exciting" and "leapy" and "challengey" and then I'll be able to share the outcome with you very shortly...and trust me, it'll be worth the wait!

So stay focussed guys. The world can slow down the progress you make but never forget how far you've come, because it will always help you get where you want to be!

p.s. I have also managed to continue on my quest to finish reading Danny Wallace's "Charlotte Street" and read another chapter this week alongside my reading of "Gone Girl"...slowly but surely but still one page at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment